Just ignore the reschedule message.

Norman.Boyd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: bpcs-l-bounces+cmorgan=miwheel.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
04/16/2008 06:15 AM
Please respond to
BPCS ERP System <bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

Subject
Re: [BPCS-L] Alternate Manufacturing Method

Been there. Done that. The system still wants to expedite either of the
above and then schedule additional production at the end.

Is there a way to tell the system to not attempt to reschedule a set of
shop orders? To simply accept them as they are but to schedule planned
orders around them.

Norman K. Boyd

khashayar.zadafshar@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: bpcs-l-bounces+norman.boyd=showaaluminum.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
04/15/2008 01:47 PM

bpcs-l-bounces+khashayar.zadafshar=clorox.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject
Re: [BPCS-L] Alternate Manufacturing Method

Try to create FPO or PO with reference to proper BOM and Routing Method
code in MRP510.

Khash

Norman.Boyd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: bpcs-l-bounces+khashayar.zadafshar=clorox.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
04/15/2008 01:09 PM
Please respond to
BPCS ERP System <bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

BPCS ERP System <bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: [BPCS-L] Alternate Manufacturing Method

The problem is not setting up the alternate bill of materials or the
routing method. The problem is, for example, I have scheduled 10,000
pieces to be produced on 6/13/08 and another 10,000 on 7/13/08 using the
alternate method. My demand for each of these dates is actually 20,000. I

want MRP to plan additional 10,000 demand against the default bill of
materials. Right now it is recommending to expedite the 7/13/08 10,000
pieces to 6/13/08 and then recommending full production of 20,000 pieces
on 7/13/08.

Norman K. Boyd

CMorgan@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: bpcs-l-bounces+norman.boyd=showaaluminum.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
04/15/2008 01:13 PM
Please respond to
BPCS ERP System <bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

BPCS ERP System <bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: [BPCS-L] Alternate Manufacturing Method

We do the same thing every day here. We have alternate routers set up for
different ways of manufacturing the same end product.
You can set up as many alternates up as you want, either enter a forecast
or FPO's to drive the demand down to MRP.

Norman.Boyd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: bpcs-l-bounces+cmorgan=miwheel.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
04/15/2008 01:07 PM
Please respond to
BPCS ERP System <bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[BPCS-L] Alternate Manufacturing Method

We are producing a widget in 2 different manufacturing methods. Method A,

or blank in BPCS, will be full production. We will purchase all the small

parts and raw materials and produce the item under Method A.

Method B, the alternate method in BPCS, will be fully produced by another
manufacturer and sent to me. I will repackage this item and sell it as
the same item just produce it under the alternate bill of materials and
method in BPCS.

What I want to be able to do is this. Plan or schedule production for the

alternate method weeks, even months, in advance. Then have BPCS MRP plan
production and generate demand for the default, or full production,
method...without expediting the planned production schedule that I have in

place for the alternate production.

Any ideas?

Norman K. Boyd