From: bpcs-l-bounces+dcavaiani=amerequip.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:bpcs-l-bounces+dcavaiani=amerequip.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Al Mac Wheel
Sent: Sunday, February 10, 2008 10:27 AM
To: BPCS ERP System
Subject: Re: [BPCS-L] Setting up Multiple facilities

DRP is probably "installed" and only needs to be "activated."

There is a menu SYS, which you can only get into if you are a BPCS
Security Officer. There has to be one because it is needed to adjust
who can get into what stuff, which typically happens when you have
turnover of personnel or duties.

The issue is if you know how to get into a BPCS Security officer to run
SYS800 to add DRP to the list of modules you run, and if you are allowed
to do so, under your contract with Infor. A related issue is whether
some former IT person deleted software you not using, in the interests
of saving disk space.

Due to Infor pricing and other reasons, we are doing inter-facility via
end runs around DRP. For example, we used to receive inter-facility
same way as outside vendor, and run a program to do a mass update of
Resupply Orders, but now do a combination of inventory adjustments and
repair messed up costs.

When you get to menu SYS, note other stuff there, such as the setting up
of the new facilities.

When you run SYS800, basically do not change anything on any screen
except the one that lists the application modules with a "Y" (yes) on
this system.

Engineering files (Routings, Bill of Materials, Item Notes) and Orders
(Customer, Shop, Purchase) have to be by facility. You also need to
manage costs.

I suggest you review your # systems, and come up with one like we did,
that clearly identifies to everyone when something is in which facility.
We have first character identifying facility for: warehouses, work
centers, departments, profit centers, and incorporated that # system
into customer vendor of each other.

We also do not have BPCS maintenance with Infor because of its extreme
expense, and when we left it with SSA GT extreme poor performance for
405 CD non-technical managers.

There are alternative BPCS tech support places out there. We use a
great one.

http://archive.midrange.com/bpcs-l.