From: bpcs-l-bounces+doug.mclauchlan=planar.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:bpcs-l-bounces+doug.mclauchlan=planar.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Bud North
Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2007 10:22 AM
To: bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [BPCS-L] BPCS 8.1

The capability you are referring to exists in ERP LX (i.e. 8.3 and up).
I am not aware of it being available in either 8.1 or 8.2 - but could be
wrong about that.

Webtop is the 'product' that provides the new GUI and it is based on
Websphere as I understand. I am not technical - so can not address
detail technical questions.

It's even better than 'today and tomorrow' - you can have simultaneous
sessions going on your PC - one using green screen and another using
Webtop - if you so desire.

My experience is that this is a good solution for the casual user but
most heavy users will still prefer green screen - but that's just an
observation.

Hope this helps.

Bud
Harlan W. 'Bud' North, CPIM
PHOENIX Business Consulting, Inc.
Direct Dial: 978-263-8326, Cell: 508-572-9701
Corporate Office: 804-965-9156, Fax: 208-460-8219
www.phoenixbcinc.com

We've been told by several users that BPCS 8.1 allows the user to switch
between text and graphical user interface screens at will - today the
user
is viewing a green screen, tomorrow it's a GUI screen. Can anyone
verify
this capability is as stated?

Can anyone, assuming the capability does exist (switching between text
and
graphical), answer the following:

1. What environment is required (websphere, Java, etc.) by the
graphical user interface?
2. Did you have to load something like tomcat (application server)
on
the iSeries to make the GUI work?
3. Is it browser or thick client based - thick client meaning some
part
of the display logic resides on the client PC.

Roy Luce
Systems Plus - Midwest
Direct: 847-540-9635
800-913-PLUS (7587)