Genyphyr Novak wrote:
Newly released (future) System i operating system releases are not
officially supported by Infor R&D until testing is done internally at
Infor, and Infor announces our intention to support our software
versions on the new operating system.

Genyphyr,

The mention of future operating system releases brings up an interesting
point: Is it safe to assume that "everyone" will need to be on Software
support if they wish to go to V6 of OS/400?

For those of you that haven't heard, upgrading to V6 will be very similar
to the transition from CISC to RISC hardware that required a program's
observable information in order to convert the object to the new
architecture.

V6 is changing some of it's addressing internals and will require this same
information. Obviously, the security components of the various BPCS
releases do not have this information and will require new objects in order
to function on a V6 machine.

Bill