bpcs-l-bounces+daparnin=niscoseals.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 05/30/2007
11:53:03 AM:

Does your company run BY FACILITY or "globally"? if in the past, you
only
had the one facility, there may be some "by facility" things you
unfamiliar
with. I do not remember at which version of BPCS "by facility" support
was
added.

Yes, we run by facility and have done so for years. Our version (4.0.2)
supports facilities. We have three facilities are in the process of
closing one and transfering the parts between the other two.

We run MRP500 MRP600 & Capacity Planning BY FACILITY.
Are you running the same string of tasks for both the old and new
facility?
Are excess requirements showing up in the old facility?

Yes, both facilities have the same set up. These programs are scheduled
to run nightly.

Take a look at MRP140 which sets up rules for item within a particular
facility.

I compared the item/facility of the old and new facilities and they were
identical as were the Item Master records.

Is the end part "master scheduled"? What's the lead time? Does the
order
policy code look good? When a part goes active in some facility, some
fields get populated with some defaults copied from item master, but
some
of those default values might be other than what you want.

They are master scheduled. The lead time is zero. The order policy code
is "A". There are no minimum balances, lot sizes, or incremental order
quantities specified. If I do a F15 to copy the defaults nothing changes.
The onhand balances for the FG parts are zero. The majority of the
components also have zero onhand balances so there should be some
requirements show up based on the FPO's. The facility on the MBM and FRT
records are correct. The effective and discontinue dates look good too.

When you copied engineering, did you make sure the contents got changed
the replacement facility?

From what I've seen so far, everything references the new facility.

When you copied Item, BOM, Routings, did you also copy components and
associated files like work centers & engineering notes, so that the
engineering links valid in the replacement facility? If you copied
customer orders from old facility old item to replacement facility item,

did you check all fields to make sure both order header (ECH file) and
detail lines (ECL file) pointing at relevant warehouse in
replacement facility?

We don't use BPCS order entry. Our EDI software (Future3 from Infor)
handles the customer orders and forecasts. Data is transferred nightly
from Future3 to BPCS. Until the old facility finishes shipping its parts
the EDI is still pointing to them and not touching the new items/facility.
That's why the FPO's are being manually entered. From that standpoint, i

If you have a new facility, you might want to check the facility master
(ZMF file) for default planning and stocking warehouse. Also check your

system parameters. Corporate default in SYS800 might be to a warehouse
that is in a facility that is closing.

The "new" facility isn't new. They have been around as long as the others
producing their own parts.

Dave Parnin