Does your company run BY FACILITY or "globally"? if in the past, you only had the one facility, there may be some "by facility" things you unfamiliar with. I do not remember at which version of BPCS "by facility" support was added.

We run MRP500 MRP600 & Capacity Planning BY FACILITY.
Are you running the same string of tasks for both the old and new facility?
Are excess requirements showing up in the old facility?

Take a look at MRP140 which sets up rules for item within a particular facility.

Is the end part "master scheduled"? What's the lead time? Does the order policy code look good? When a part goes active in some facility, some fields get populated with some defaults copied from item master, but some of those default values might be other than what you want.

Once you figure out what defaults you want, other than what came with BPCS, you might want to have some program to plug in your company defaults to all items in a facility (CIC file), and we also do this to an MRP file, on a regular basis.

When you copied engineering, did you make sure the contents got changed to the replacement facility?

When you copied Item, BOM, Routings, did you also copy components and associated files like work centers & engineering notes, so that the engineering links valid in the replacement facility? If you copied customer orders from old facility old item to replacement facility item, did you check all fields to make sure both order header (ECH file) and detail lines (ECL file) pointing at relevant warehouse in replacement facility?

If you have a new facility, you might want to check the facility master (ZMF file) for default planning and stocking warehouse. Also check your system parameters. Corporate default in SYS800 might be to a warehouse that is in a facility that is closing.

Al Macintyre
we on BPCS version 405 CD
MRP is so complex, it is easy to forget details.

I'm forgetting something about how MRP works. We are on BPCS ver. 4.0.2.
The situation is as follows. We have some parts that had been built at
one facility that are being moved to another facility. The original
facility is no longer building parts but will ship their FG inventory
until mid-June. The new facility will start building and ship when the
original facility runs out.

It is company policy when parts are moved or the design is changed to
increment the part number by one. In this case one part number has
changed from 40900055 to 40900056. The Item Master was copied and the
bill-of-material and routing were also copied. Firm planned orders were
entered at the new facility. People are expecting them to generate
component requirements but nothing is showing up for the components. I'm
familiar with MRP/MPS/SFC but it's been several years since I've worked
with it closely. What might be causing MRP not to generate requirements
for the components?

Dave Parnin
--
Nishikawa Standard Company