From: macwheel99@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:macwheel99@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2007 4:51 PM
To: SSA's BPCS ERP System
Cc: Al me home
Subject: Re: [BPCS-L] Split a top level item.

You can enter a credit quantity in customer orders by using
an RMA. You can also experiment with a negative number in
safety stock.

You can copy engineering of the top item with a slight
change, discontinuing the sub-component involved, where (if
you have room in item #) add a character at the end (we use R
for repair for this purpose), or a character at the beginning
(we use exclamation point to force certain items to the front
of our lists of items).

Al Macintyre