Vitthal:

Regarding your need to purge - I would like to offer another
alternative.

As Clare mentioned, it is important to have the purge routines
pre-defined.  While purging sounds easy at first (all you're doing is
getting rid of old stuff), the reality is much more difficult.  Having a
tool to execute the purges is one thing, but having the methodology and
file relationships is perhaps even more important.

As with most (maybe all?) packaged applications, BPCS offers little in
the way of purge functionality.  This is also the case in the JD Edwards
package, where we are by far the leading vendor or purge and archive
functionality.

My company offers not only a purge tool (ARCTOOLS/400) but also a purge
methodology (or 'cookbook') for purging BPCS.  These have been used on
multiple versions of BPCS, starting with 6.02, and we have customers in
the US and UK.

Please contact me directly for more information.

Thanks.

DAVE