We consider allocations to be a nuisance, because when inventory is transferred in BPCS this reflects something that really happened in reality, so if it goes negative, then some other prior transaction is missing, or there is an error causing improper reporting ... such as an engineering change that did not get into BOM, so the inventory BPCS is consuming is different from what is being consumed in reality. Negatives are a clue that something is wrong with your data that needs correction ... do not just zero the negatives ... find the cause and fix the cause.

If you have facilities with different cost structures, and people transferring inventory between them, you no longer have different cost structures, you now have screwed up costs, so you should be asking
(a) why not use DRP?
(b) do the people transferring items between facilities know how to clean up the costs & should they be the people to do that?

PO's have Facility on the Line in HPO.    FMA ( Shop Order Material ) has
a Warehouse Allocation from.
Most of our negative on hand comes from people transferring inventory and
overriding the fact it is already allocated.    Or Forced allocations to a
location.

Roger Henady

Larenzo Alexander <larenzo_alexander@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: bpcs-l-bounces+roger.henady=thorco.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
01/08/2007 10:20 AM
Please respond to
SSA's BPCS ERP System <bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

BPCS Forum Post <bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[BPCS-L] Warehouse/Facility Control

We have lots items in inventory that shows negetive in the system. What
controls what warehouse is attached to a PO when it is created? What
controls what facility/warehouse and Item is Back Flushed from? I have an
idea but this negative inventory issue has been driving me crazy and I
want to make sure with that I am on the right track getting the inventory
straighten out.

Thanks in advance