Dear All,

As a representative of a vendor who sells Automated Testing Solutions, I
will get that bit out at the start!

As part of our solution range we have a product that will extract data from
the live database for testing purposes.

Of course for a large amount of testing you don't ACTUALLY NEED a full
replicate copy of the production database - size isn't always everything!!

So there are the options to reduce the size of the test database but still
extract data that is relevant to testing.  You can also use the same process
to archive un-needed old data.

Other options - data scrambling - to avoid confliction with data protection
legislation and also the ability to roll back in seconds to a check points
during testing to avoid the need to restore back up copies of the data.

Test data SHOULD be a representation of the live database - otherwise are
you not comparing two different sets of scenarios and making the tests
invalid?  However by scrambling the data within the fields the test data
will be different AND the same!!

End of sale pitch and please contact me offline if there are any further
questions.

Jamie

Jamie Coles
Original Software
(UK) +44 (0) 1256 338666
(US) +1 630 321 0092
www.origsoft.com

Definitive Software Testing.
Original Software does not accept responsibility for changes made to this
message after it was sent. This email and any files transmitted with it are
confidential and intended solely for the use of the individuals or entity to
whom they are addressed.
http://www.origsoft.com