   We have business activity transactions that post themselves to what is now
   the wrong Gen Led accounts.  When we see this happening, we make
   adjustments from wrong to corrected.  But we need to understand how this
   is happening, change the rules so activity goes to right place in first
   place.

   A/R Credits and RMAs are posting some activity to our Gen Led Cash
   Account.  This has been going on for years with no one noticing, until a
   new auditor questioned discrepancy between actual bank account balance and
   content of General Ledger.  I suspect the account involved may have had
   different meaning when we originally installed BPCS.  Under today's
   business model, the only G/L A/C which should be impacted: Sales;
   Receivables; Inventory.  Where, in BPCS, do we change the rules for where
   A/R Credits and RMA gets into various Gen Led accounts?

   We desire to organize our Cost of Sales in Gen Led, for same item classes,
   somewhat differently by facility.  Is this doable, without modification,
   or are the item class (IIC file) rules absolute, irrespective of facility?

   We are 405 CD.  Years ago a collection of employees with intensive BPCS
   education setup the rules by which BPCS operates, transaction effects,
   facilities, flow of business activity into General Ledger.  Then over the
   years the enterprise has evolved, personnel turnover, new management,
   without investment in continuing BPCS education, or taking good care of
   documentation.  The rules need to be adjusted, but we having trouble
   locating the documentation, and management resists approval for calling
   tech support.  They want us to figure this out, then fix it.

   I am the only remaining member of the old guard on staff who has been to
   BPCS University, but at the time my duties did not include accounting
   area, so my exposure to BPCS Accounting theory was minimal.  When
   leadership has not had formal ERP education, they not know what they
   missing, let alone the rest of the enterprise.

   -
   Al Macintyre
   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:AlMac
   http://www.ryze.com/go/Al9Mac