From:  Al Mac
Subject: Re: [BPCS-L] Service Parts

That might be dependent on BPCS version.

In our 405 CD, when a record is created in CIC, it has a copy of the IIM
item class.  You can then go into CIC and change the item class, so that
the part's class varies by facility.  You have to be careful with how to
handle the item having different item classes in different facilities,
since many BPCS programs are insensitive to this possibility.

We have some mass update programs to fix contents of files where it is too
much trouble to manage some BPCS business rules manually.