To: "BPCS_L discussion" <bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, August 23, 2006 6:50 PM
Subject: [BPCS-L] ACP Check Printing Problem

As I understand the process, before printing on checks whose check #s are pre-printed on the check stock, our accounting lady tells BPCS what check
  # range will be used to pay what vendors, then if everything works
  perfectly, the data on the printed checks agrees with the data in BPCS.

But sometimes she has a printing problem, leading to the check #s that got
  printed on, being say a few digits after what BPCS thinks they are.
  Apparently how she has been dealing with this is to scribble on the BPCS
  print-outs what check #s end up as, with the data in BPCS never being
  corrected.

  This way of handling things was apparently acceptable until a change in
  management, and the need to send copies of some of our BPCS data to
  another system that would appreciate getting correct data.

  How do other companies deal with this scenario?
  Do you void the whole run & start over?  Does BPCS support start over,
  without a big hassle?
Is there some program option we have overlooked where we can tell BPCS ... all the checks from 45321 onwards dated today need to be incremented by 2.

  If I have to go in there with DFU and muck with the check #s, is there a
  list of files affected?

  We are on 405 CD.

  -
  Al Macintyre