   We had to modify our billing invoice software to fix the "rounding"
   problem in the unit of measure conversion, which is especially hurtful
   when we not need it.  BPCS has many "rounding" problems where for example
   90000005 is the same as 5 and also the same as negative 12000.00001.  In
   other words numbers can have nothing in common, but get that way due to
   BPCS bugs that need to be tracked down and dealt with.

   The "B" transaction does not come from billing.
   The "B" transaction comes from shipping.
   There is no transaction from billing that goes to inventory transaction
   audit trail.
   You can look at SIL file to get at the detail of billing, but there is a
   statute of limitations on how long that data is retained.

   We can have more than one line on a customer order, where various
   quantities were due to go out on different dates, and some past due, and
   customer has other instructions regarding consolidation of orders to save
   on shipping and handling costs.  So when shipping picks lines from more
   than one order line, depending on where you are looking, some places you
   see the grand total of what went out, and other places.you are seeing the
   individual order lines totals.

   Another scenario that happens to us a lot, is that we can have a paperwork
   lag in posting to BPCS what our true inventory happens to be, so we are
   shipping inventory that has just been manufactured 10 seconds ago, but the
   labor that reports that we made that inventory, has not yet been entered
   to BPCS.  So there is a disconnect between what BPCS thinks is available
   to ship, and what is actually shipped.  The shipper has the ability to
   make all kinds of changes to the BPCS data to support shipment of
   quantities BPCS not yet know we have, requirements BPCS not yet know the
   customer wants, from facility other than the orders called for, etc.

   As of 405 CD, there is a BBL file that is populated by shipping, detailing
   what is to be bllled.  We habitually have what we call shipping problems,
   where after shipping has been completed, and people are doing final
   checking of the work, we find that the shipping transaction was made in
   error ... wrong quantity, wrong item, wrong PO#, wrong line, wrong
   customer, wrong profit center, any number of possible errors.  This in
   turn leads to corrections made before or at the billing stage.  Are you in
   the loop when it comes to notification of such corrections being made, or
   perhaps the person who brought this to your attention is not in the loop
   of notifications.

   I have proposed to my company in the past that we rethink our audit trail
   on corrections so that people not in the loop, such as auditors, can later
   on figure out what happened.

     Has anyone seen this problem.  ?

     We have an invoice for 12000 quantity of an Item, but the B transaction
     on
     ITH has a quantity of only 3704.

     Regards

     Martin Bath
     Global IT Group
     Invensys Controls
     Tel:      +44 (0) 1752 724388
     Mobile: +44 (0) 7736 017318
     Fax :    +44 (0) 1752 732455
      **** PLEASE NOTE NEW EMAIL ADDRESS  ****
     Email : martin.bath@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

     CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
     This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and also may be
     privileged.
     If you are not the named recipient, or have otherwise received this
     communication in error, please delete it from your inbox, notify the
     sender
     immediately, and do not disclose its contents to any other person, use
     them
     for any purpose, or store or copy them in any medium. Thank you for your
     cooperation.