   I have been tasked with creating a report to be run daily, and am having a
   hard time reverse engineering how to get it.  We are on 405 CD mixed mode.

   When we post vendor invoices with ACP500, it updates actual cost, based on
   vendor $ bill divided by quantity of items involved.  We are on last cost.

   We need a report listing the items involved, standard and actual cost,
   unit and extended.  Seems to me, all that data is in the "C" transaction,
   but the "GL unposted flag" for most recent additions, is no help, because
   "C" is one of those transactions "invisible" to G/L, not posted there.  I
   am wondering if we were to create a raw material cost variance account,
   and put that in the  G/L transaction effects for "C" transaction, would
   this post to that account the variance impact between standard and actual?
   That sounds close to what we now need, but I would not want the "C"
   transactions from past year of inventory history suddenly materializing in
   the G/L, just start doing it next fiscal period.

   Apparently when we key in vendor invoices, we use the printed invoice date
   on their invoices, not the date the invoice actually keyed in, so I can't
   be using CURRENT date to identify which "C" transactions belong in this
   new daily report.

   I looked at what files are output by ACP500 hoping that somewhere in there
   is the data I need.  My theory is
   * When we get to end day on potential input to GL
   * Run this new daily report to show cost impact of raw material purchase
   invoices posted since last GL update
   * Run INV920 then GLD540 to get into GL the new stuff since the last time
   we did that

   ACP500 messes with 40 files

   APW file looks promising.
   Does it hold data accumulated from ACP500 since the last time anyone
   posted that data to GL?

   Is there some other file I should be using?

   -
   Al Macintyre
   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:AlMac
   http://www.ryze.com/go/Al9Mac