Prasgabth,

Al Mac is correct that you need to identify what version of BPCS you are
working with because starting with version 6.04 (I believe this was the
first version) you can structure the Order Entry System Parameters to
allow DRP orders to Affect A/R and/or Affect Sales History (these are
yes/no selections on the 4 screen of ORD820 for version 6.04). This should
not explain why you are not getting an invoice (even if you set the system
parameter to NOT affect A/R you should get a Zero value invoice)so you
should go to the Customer Order Maintenance screen and check what order
class you have assigned to your order type 9 (go to ORD180 and "Display"
the order type 9 record to see the order class assigned to it, then go to
ORD170 and select action (11 print options)to see what documents are
generated for that order class. If you do not see BPCS Invoice listed
there, then that would be why you are not generating an invoice. In your
"test environment" add BPCS Invoice to that list (if it does not appear
already) and try to invoice a DRP order that is at the "Ready for
Invoicing" status and see if you get an Invoice. Good luck.

Frederick C. Davy, CPIM, PMP
Business Systems Analyst
Interface Solution, Inc.
Phone: (315) 592-8101
Fax: (315) 592-8481
e-mail: fcdavy@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Al Mac <macwheel99@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: bpcs-l-bounces+fcdavy=sealinfo.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
06/27/2006 10:20 PM
Please respond to
SSA's BPCS ERP System <bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

"SSA's BPCS ERP System" <bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: [BPCS-L] Query on resupply order

It might help people help you if we knew your version of BPCS.

If you are using ROs correctly, according to the BPCS documentation, then
there should be no call for data patching.  But the ROs are kind of
complicated, leading to temptations to seek shortcuts, which need
modifications to support the shortcuts.

We used to do ROs a couple years ago, before consolidating facilities.

let's make sure we talking the same thing.
The RO gets an order type to move the product between two facilities, but
not update A/R or sales history.  This means that there should be no RAR
record.  RAR records are for billing outside customers.  Standard COs are
for outside customers, but there are special kinds of COs, ROs are for
internal between your facilities.

To complete an RO
You have a special kind of CO type in the facility that is to send it.
The inventory has to be received in the facility that it is for.
Is that an "H" transaction?  I do not remember.
The inventory has to be sent from the facility that made it ... this goes
through the regular shipping picking billing process, except there is no
invoice to an outside customer at the end of the road.

The ECL record contains the warehouse that it is coming from, and the
warehouse that it is going to.  There are fields showing quantity ordered,

quantity received, by the "H" transaction or whatever at the receiving
facility, the quantity shipped, from the sending facility.  Until these
counts are in agreement, the job is not yet done.

There are fields in BPCS that are normally populated for one kind of
transaction and unpopulated for other kinds of transactions.

We can have one ECH record with a ton of ECL lines, representing separate
transactions.  Also watch out for multiple members of the CO related
files.

You need to look in your transaction effects, to see what transaction is
supposed to be used to receive the RO transaction at the receiving
facility, and the process needed to identify the RO.  It does no good to
receive the inventory if you not give credit to the RO it is for.

This is one area where you may need a modification.
If people have been receiving the inter-facility inventory, without
identifying the PO or RO that it came from, then there is a task of
reconciliation facing you.

Hi,

I have many re-supply orders which are invoiced. But still not getting
status 5 (completed) but having status 4 (ready for invoicing).

I found that ECH shows Original Document Number field populated with
Invoice numbers, however, ECL shows Qty. Invoiced (LQTIN) field as 0
(zeros) for all these re-supply orders.

Also, SIH record is populated but NO SIL record, NO RAR record got
populated.

a) Can somebody pl. help me investigate this ?

b) What things I need to look at ?

c) Is Data Patching be only solution to resolve this or is there any
better solution?

Thanks & Regards,,

Prashanth