Thanks Maurice

I am like the System Operator of recent NonTech thread who in reality is covered up with hats representing many different job functions, such that no one job function title does justice to my position.

I looked up (studied) GLD510 in the documentation, then I ran it Tues nite.
It posted 100% of the unposted batches for 2006 March except for
* An error batch from 3/31 Friday that I suspect got overlooked in the mass of EOM reports * A 4/4 Tuesday batch involving some kind of adjustments back dated to prior fiscal period

After nite crew off BPCS Tues nite, I did GLD540 on last month to get the 4/4 back-date batch ready for GLD510 and left note for my day collegues that when after the 3/31 error batch is fixed, SOMEONE should run GLD510 on fiscal period 3 at which point we should be caught up on GL for March, unless we have another scenario like the 4/4 back dating one.

I told the bosses that I had never ever run GLD510 before (true statement).

I had thought that StaciOutsideCPA was running GLD510 regularly, my evidence being that I often tear reports off the main printer, and distribute them to various desks, such as GLD510 that got run using her sign on, that I put on desk of DianeAccountingLady, but when I said that she was probably behind in getting this done due to a lot of recent hassles connecting VPN over T1 line, DaveTheBoss told me that StaciOutsideCPA does not in fact do that. DianeAccountingLady also said she has not been running this.

So we are left with UnknownSomeone has been doing this regularly for several years, but quit doing it middle of last week.

The company has had past incidents of staffers given some assignments, then thanks to turn over in management, there is a loss of awareness by managers with respect to all what is being done by which clerks. We do have several long term employees no longer with us, but the last parting of company was a little before the Wednesday cut-off. Now we do have some tasks that run automatically, and can run using an AS/400 sign-on that has been disabled, and in theory some of this can run from a former employee PC. This is another thread that I need to review on general principles.

My personal view is that we do not have a security breach with respect to the General Ledger mysteries. Rather, not everyone knows what all is going on at our company, and people are generally reluctant to illuminate what they do not know. I feel like I am in Catch22 territory here, because my normal troubleshooting mode is to use the evidence to generate hypotheses, then seek more evidence to prove or disprove, but my collegues not seem to like many of my hypotheses.

I will be suggesting that
1. We find out for sure WHO been running GLD510 and ask if it is appropriate for me to take over that duty, and whether it is Ok for me to post 100% error-free batches, or if there are some I should not be posting. 2. I add to the EOM report collection something that provides precise totals of RMA, Discounts, Freight charges for the month, since this data does not show up on reports we run that show total ITEMS shipped customer, quantity times price, also cost, margin.

Al,

Have you tried running the G/L Posting Program?  The program name is
GLD510...

Hope this helps.....