This problem
==========
Approx $ 150,000.00 worth of Sales data is in files GJD and GJH with status code JU (unposted) for fiscal 2006 March and this weekend was end-month fiscal 2006 March. We need to figure out what needs to be done to get that posted to the GL. This is top priority right now.

There was some shipping / billing / other transactions posted Monday April 3 and that ALSO is in the same unposted condition.

In other words, the data has left GJW file, is now in GJH GJD with record id 'JU' and needs to move to GGM then change to 'JP' How do we accomplish that?

I am not a GLD expert. There are many gaps in my G/L know-how.. But I need to get this resolved. I am the local BPCS Guru.

The assumption at the moment is that
* We are doing something wrong or incomplete that needs to be figured out
* This is not a case of a BPCS bug or something crashed

Our process
=========
* late nite when everyone off of updating BPCS, AlMac runs INV920 then GLD540 for current fiscal period. Some nites AlMac not run this, either if other people real busy late into evening, or AlMac busier than usual with some software project or whatever.

Sometimes there are errors, which AlMac leave on DianeAccountingLady desk (or on printer where she knows where to find) and she does her thing to resolve those errors, and get the associated GL batches to a conclusion. AlMac did this several nites recently, including last Thurs, last Fri, there was no one updating stuff on our system on Saturday, as far as AlMac could tell, but after this problem was brought to AlMac attention, Mon nite after completion of all shipping and billing for the day, AlMac ran INV920 again, also GLD540 for both March and April. (There was stuff there for April but nothing for March.)

* DianeAccountingLady is caught up on resolving errors from GLD540 reports. AlMac not know the precise GLD programs she uses for this ... AlMac have never needed to know before, because everything was running hunky dory

* After AlMac announce to management that I got done with EOM (which I worked on from Fri nite thru Sunday afternoon, with several in between naps) other people run with the derived data.

* DaveTheBoss discovered an approx $150,000.00 discrepancy between total sales reports and what the G/L had for total sales for 2006 March

* While trying to resolve this, AlMac found approx $ 10,000.00 discrepancy between different ways of looking at sales for the month, which AlMac believe are related to RMAs, Discounts (Terms), and Freight charges

Other clues
=========
RMAs get entered to our system the DATE the stuff comes back from customer, but it may be a month or so later before everything resolved, and the Billing finalized (credit the customer HOW MUCH, actually get the problem repaired) ... let's suppose it came back December, and was resolved March ... the stuff gets "posted" in December, even though it is finalized in March. Let's suppose by this time we have closed year 2005 fiscal. Well in that case we just *censored ourselves.

-
Al Macintyre
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:AlMac
http://www.ryze.com/go/Al9Mac