Again, the flow of stuff might not be same for you, and my know-how may be flawed.

GJW is the file that gets all the data from all over BPCS that is input to GL. In theory the only data that should be in there is that which is dated in current fiscal period. In fact, it might be worth creating a query totals report to count how many records in there per fiscal year, fiscal period, then if you find stuff in fiscal periods where you did not want to find stuff, then more digging may be needed.

This file is also the reason why we do regular SYS120 reorgs every weekend when everyone is off the system. It accumulates an astronomical volume of soft deleted records we need to purge from our system.

GJH has one record for each GL Journal Batch that is created.
GJD has the actual records in each of the GJH batches
This stuff gets here from GJW when you post GL inside a valid fiscal accounting period.

There are codes in the records indicating stuff like
* Some unresolved error in the GL Journal Batch so this can't be posted yet
* This stuff has been successfully posted to the GL
You need to decipher this coding, then see if there are any unresolved errors for fiscal periods supposedly closed.

I think GJH.JHID = "JP" means successfully posted, "JE" some kind of unresolved error ... you might want to do a count of how many GJH batches you got that are not "JP" by fiscal year and period. Ours in this condition go back to 2003, which is when there was a change in management policy on what to do about the old stuff. We also have a bunch of "JU" ... I not sure what that means, but since most of ours are for current period, I suspect they mean unposted but ready to go.
Similar coding in GJD.JDIH

There's also a security question ... when things get messed up, who is it that fixes them & how do they fix them ... there may be a flaw in the approach being used.

BPCS Version 4.02.

Our accounting department is trying to close out 2005.  They tell me at one
point everything balanced but they have since made some adjusting entries
for the month of December.  Now they when they run the Trial Balance
(GLD240) it doesn't agree with the FRS Report Processing (GLD700).  They
say that FRS is correct but the trial balance isn't.  The trial balance for
December looks OK.  Does anybody have any ideas?  My background is more on
the manufacturing side instead of the financials.  I pretty much have to
dig through the programs to see what they are doing.  Any advice would be
appreciated.

Dave Parnin
--
Nishikawa Standard Company