We also 405 CD.

I think the answer is to run MRP net change.
1. Update whatever, release shop orders, whatever.
2, Do net change to see the impact.

There are also 3rd party add ons to help make MRP easier to manage.

We modified MRP252 Releasable Planned Orders Report which you get if you run MRP250 to list what MRP says we need in the way of shop orders.

* We improved overall report readability
* We show current shop order activity on the items ... often it is easier to increase order quantity on an existing shop order for the same item, than to launch a new shop order for identical parts
* Parent items try to link to my work file ... what customer is this for?

I have a recurring request from my users to further modify this so they can run it on a particular customer. I tried to explain planner codes to these people, but the issue is that we might get a bunch of customer order changes with short lead times, and they want to see the MRP impact without running an MRP net change, or having to maintain planner codes in a host of BOM where we have lots of common parts, used on multiple customers. I have used sales history to create a work file that shows what items historically have been connected with which customers, and link to that in various modifications, but it is not 100% accurate (some items link to multiple customers). So basically if I try to run a variant of MRP252 only on selected customers, there is the dual risk that it will include stuff they not want on the report (once upon a time active with some customer, but not active right now) and not include stuff they need (new items associated with some customer) because of timing of updating my work files.

Hi All,

Is there a way to create a shop order that will also produce material
and labor requirements for sub-assemblies that are out of stock or hard
allocated?

We are on 4.05 CD, but are also very interested in hearing from members
on versions of 6, 8, and/or LX.  Thanks in advance.

Regards,

DeeDee Virgei
Project Leader

Nelson Stud Welding, Inc.