Concerns about software maintenance costs are not just for SSA customers, but are across the spectrum of ERP packages.

http://www.mbtmag.com/ Manufacturing Business Technology February 2006 http://www.mbtmag.com/current_issues/2006/feb/contents.asp issue article titled "E<http://www.mbtmag.com/current_issues/2006/feb/views8.asp>RP<http://www.mbtmag.com/current_issues/2006/feb/views8.asp> vendors evaluated for responsiveness to pricing issues" which you have to be a registered member to access ... I am a registered member and it still won't let me access it. Perhaps someone else can be more successful than Al Mac has been.

This article summarizes conclusions from a Forrester Research study of software licensing agreements of nine ERP vendors including SSA Global on 65 comparative criteria, with vendor surveys and customer calls to evaluate strengths and weaknesses. All 9 vendors have revenues above $ 200 million. They also have individual reports on each of <http://www.forrester.com/go?docid=38087>Epicor, <http://www.forrester.com/go?docid=38088>IFS, <http://www.forrester.com/go?docid=38089>Intentia, <http://www.forrester.com/go?docid=38090>Lawson Software, <http://www.forrester.com/go?docid=38091>Microsoft Business Solutions, <http://www.forrester.com/go?docid=38092>Oracle, <http://www.forrester.com/go?docid=38094>QAD, <http://www.forrester.com/go?docid=38095>SAP, and <http://www.forrester.com/go?docid=38096>SSA Global

Universally, irrespective of ERP vendor, all customers were unhappy with their current software licensing maintenance support model. The gap between what customers want, and vendors offer, is widening. Here's Forrester, assuming you can figure out how to navigate http://www.forrester.com/Products/Data to locate http://www.forrester.com/Research/Document/Excerpt/0,7211,38086,00.html a particular research report, have registered, remember name you used to register, and remember your password.

$ 795.00 to buy the 20 page Forrester Research Report on this.

-
Al Macintyre
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:AlMac
BPCS/400 Computer Janitor ... see