Otto,

The lot control flag is field SAFLG (1=no, 2=yes) in the Item Master file
(IIM). Remember that the Item Master is a global record (if you make an
item lot controlled and it is used in more than one facility, all
facilities will have the lot control requirement). If you have existing
inventory of an item that you wish to make lot controlled YOU MUST ISSUE
ALL STOCK BEFORE YOU SET THE LOT CONTROL FLAG TO "2" (yes) or you will not
be able to access that inventory. After you turn the flag on to lot
control the item, you can return the inventory to stock WITH A LOT NUMBER
ASSIGNED TO IT. All transactions for that item will require a valid lot
number to be processed by BPCS once the item is designated as lot
controlled. Then you must pre-allocate (SFC720) all lot controlled items
prior to using a multiple issue transaction (M or J).

Frederick C. Davy, CPIM, PMP
Business Systems Analyst
Interface Solution, Inc.
Phone: (315) 592-8101
Fax: (315) 592-8481
e-mail: fcdavy@xxxxxxxxxxxx

"Otto Hason" <hason@xxxxxxxx>
Sent by: bpcs-l-bounces+fcdavy=sealinfo.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
02/09/2006 03:12 AM
Please respond to
"SSA's BPCS ERP System" <bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

"SSA's BPCS ERP System" <bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[BPCS-L] Lot controlled multiple issue

Hi all,
in BPCS v.6.04 we have following problem:
At some materials (bearings, rubber rings...) we need to control
re-conservation. I think it is posible to use lot-controlled items, at
this moment we have none.
But - I havn't solved a problem with multiple issue to shop order yet. I
need to issue both type - lot-controlled and not-lot controlled materials
into the same shop order.
If I perform a multiple-issue transaction in INV500, on the second sreen
are offered only not-lot-controlled items.
I'm pretty sure, I've missed something to set, but don't know what and
where.
I've changed the lot master flag in INV150 (transactions reflection) - but
it seems to be only for updating quantity in Lot Master file.
Single issue transaction is OK.
Have you any ideas or experience?
Thanks
    oTTo Hason