I agree in principle.

However, some caveats.
* There are some people who are not fond of having all zeros for some important numbers like Invoice # for example, and in all sorts of reports where leading zeros suppressed, the number all zeros might show up as blank and confuse people. * If the number range offered by BPCS is far beyond what your company really needs, consider the advantages of using 1-9,999 when it comes to applications with lots of data entry, such as access to shop orders. But you need to avoid returning to some # range while there is still history out there from the last time those #s were used. BPCS not handle that well. * In some cases the high #s are kind of invisible to the mass of users. So for example, we have blanket customer orders where we constantly adding new order lines, and finishing old order lines. There might only be a score or so lines active at any one time on an order, but over time, there might be an aggregate of 800 lines there, and it might be nice if people knew before we hit the 999 ceiling that we were getting close.

Hello,
I think that the counters are no need to manually maintenance. Once the
countere reach 9999999999, it will auto reset to 0. This is because of the
counter field's length limitted.
Example:
Order Number Counters fields length are 6 digits, when the order counter
reached 999999, if the order number +1, the number will become 1000000. Due
to 6 digits, the system will auto cut off extra digit, therefore the
counter will become 0.
Hope you will understand what I explained.