I certainly hope NOT.
This request sometimes comes from someone trying to do their own calculations
because they cannot find a report that does what he/she needs.
BUT
The "simple" calculation of
Qty of Parent times qty needed of Child on BOM
is seldom that simple.
The batch size of the parent is important
as is the yield of the parent
as is the scrap factor.
Then you have phantom logic
and/or multi-level BOM's
Throw in facility specific BOM's
and/or Manufacturing Methods
and you begin to realize that giving someone an excell file
could lead to more problems, not less.

If they are trying to do their own Cost Rollups....beware !!
If they aer trying to do their own MRP expected qty needed
calculations....BEWARE!!

I could be an unreasonable alarmist.
Perhaps it is a harmless request
and you can provide the requestor with the MBM file and relax.

--
Peace
Jim Barry