Rony,

Sorry to take so long to respond, we had an "opportunity" yesterday here
at work.

Al has some good points in his suggestions, The main reason I said not to
use the order type is due to the limitations that could result  due to it
being a one position alphanumeric field (and normally Accounting lays
claim to ownership). We use order CLASS to distinguish between markets and
territories. You can also use the SCRF1 through SCRF5 (User Defined Sales
Analysis headings for Customer) and the SIRF1 through SIRF5 (user defined
Sales Analysis headings for Items ) that are on the SALES panel of the
Customer Master and the ORDER panel of the Item Master record. You can
define the field label values in SAL820 and add different field values
selections in the SYS105 code master file (take a look at these fields in
the customer master/item master and hit the field level "help" to see the
BPCS explanation of how these are used). Another possibility for your
application might be to create a special Promotion for product that you
intend to donate (as one example). Any of these approaches will provide
you with ample tracking data. Good luck.

Frederick C. Davy, CPIM, PMP
Business Systems Analyst
Interface Solution, Inc.
Phone: (315) 592-8101
Fax: (315) 592-8481
e-mail: fcdavy@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Rony Mayer <rony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: bpcs-l-bounces+fcdavy=sealinfo.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
12/08/2005 01:23 PM
Please respond to
"SSA's BPCS ERP System" <bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

"SSA's BPCS ERP System" <bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Fwd: [BPCS-L] Sales order type

 Frederick,

Can you give me more details ? Is this a per-user setting ?

For example, we donate products from several LOBs and we want the costs
and
taxes of these donations to be booked to the appropriate cost center
(based
on the product line that is being donated). If a salesperson wants to
donate
another product, it'll have to be booked against another cost center.
That's
why I wanted to choose an sales order type "donation" and a reason code
specifying that this order should be booked to cost center xxx...

Thanks,