We were setting up Kits to ship to a consigned warehouse last year using
DRP in V6.1.01 and one of the scenarios caused the Kit parent to be the
part that was stocked in the destination warehouse.

This wasn't what we wanted, so I don't have notes on how we did it, but
you might want to look at the possibility of using DRP to "ship" the kits
to another warehouse and then transfer them back to the desired warehouse.

Doug McLauchlan
BPCS Support
Planar Systems, Inc.

"Bob Kohlndorfer" <bkohlndorfer@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: bpcs-l-bounces+doug_mclauchlan=planar.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
11/21/2005 12:21 PM
Please respond to
"SSA's BPCS ERP System" <bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

<BPCS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[BPCS-L] Kits into Stock

We have a client using BPCS v4.0 that just started using Kits for some of
their items.
What they are considering is putting some Kits into stock, but cannot
figure out how to get them there. BPCS will use any Kit inventory before
using components to make Kits at Ship Confirmation time but how do we get
Kits into stock besides a return?

It does not appear we can create a normal Bill of Material if a Planning
Bill exists, and you cannot create a manual '=' transaction without a Shop
Order Number and you cannot create a Shop Order for Order type 3 or 4.

Thanks for any help,
Bob Kohlndorfer