I suppose you know

(a) IBM used to do a seminar on the various competing products

The kinds of questions that interested me:
* Security ... suppose we want our customers to ONLY see info about stuff we make for them, or vendors ONLY see stuff we buy from them, nothing about what we doing with their competition * Financial Cost ... if we only want to webify certain applications, does it cost less than the whole ball of wax & ... and how does the licensing work ... like if per-user & we have many people at customer sites * User-Friendly for people to navigate BPCS who may be unfamiliar with iSeries/400 interfaces * Modifications ... we have green screen users & Client Access users & if we go with this, add web users ... how much trouble is it to add features if we not have programmers who know all the different computer languages involved ... do we have to maintain a web set and non-web set

(b) LANSA has a "SmartWeb" version that is BPCS specific ... so right out of the box you have webified vanilla BPCS software for the programs you choose to buy from them (pricing like SSA applications ... you not have to buy/install the whole suite), then all you have to address is which of your modifications you need to migrate there. If your staff not up to speed on web languages, and if you get the UPI version of all this, they can tailor the installation to your taste. http://www.unbeatenpathintl.com/LANSA_info/source/1.html

(c) add to your list of places to check out
http://www.x1solutions.com/pages?OpenAgent&cmd=page&pagename=srv.erpintg
Sorry some of my links are broken ... I have not reinstalled my blog software on home PC since some time ago crash
http://radio.weblogs.com/0107846/stories/2002/11/08/bpcsDocSources.html

Hello All,

I am in the process of evaluating software products to web-enable our BPCS applications (starting with Order Entry initially). I do not want to go the IBM WebSphere, HATS, and associated tool kit route, as I have learnt that route is time consuming, laborious, and has a steep learning curve. Looking at third-party tool kits, I have come across the following tools:

   * LANSA
   * ASNA
   * BCD's WebSmart

I would greatly appreciate if any of you can share your similar experiences/stories in this forum.

Thanks in Advance,

S.R. VenuGopal,
Programming Manager,
Information Technology,