From: bpcs-l-bounces+kobie.jooste=clover.co.za@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:bpcs-l-bounces+kobie.jooste=clover.co.za@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Doug_McLauchlan@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: 13 October 2005 11:38 PM
To: SSA's BPCS ERP System
Subject: RE: [BPCS-L] ERP LX

Is it just me, or are there other developers out there who feel it will be

preferable to walk in front of a bus rather that face a world where we
have to modify AS/SET generated RPG ??!!

I still remember V4 !

Doug McLauchlan
BPCS Support
Planar Systems, Inc.
Office: (503) 748-5988
Cell: (503) 706-7525

"Jim Mergen" <jmergen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: bpcs-l-bounces+doug_mclauchlan=planar.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
10/13/2005 06:40 AM
Please respond to
"SSA's BPCS ERP System" <bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

"SSA's BPCS ERP System" <bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
RE: [BPCS-L] ERP LX

So far, the LX portion seems pretty stable. We encountered a couple issues
during implementation, but I believe if you are upgrading to the LX
portion
only, shouldnt have too many problems. One issue is the use of ASSET.
8.3(base) was generated using ASSET, but all mods done afterward were done
to the ASSET-Generated RPG. If you chose to continue using ASSET, you are
kinda on your own in that SSA modifies the RPG code, and not ASSET, so you
wont be at the same source level. TO stay current you are forced to make
in-house mods to the RPG source. Because of the size of ASSET-generated
RPG
code, some programs cannot be modified using the standard SEU because the
source members are too large.

We have chosen to interface 8.3 LX with the new FM module. The FM module
is
actually Masterpiece(SSA bought Computer Associates). We did encounter
some
problems initially interfacing with FM due to a learning curve. SSA
consultants, while having knowledge of LX, didnt have experience with FM.
On
the FM side, those consultants, having come from C/A, didnt have
experience
with LX....so there was a learning curve for all, consultants as well.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Jim