No matter the ERP system (BPCS, MAPICS, Enterprise 1, System 21, M2000,
etc), they all provide support for inventory consignment and sales from that
inventory.

Technically it is a snap.

However In my experience the biggest challenge is the timeliness and
accurate reporting, from the distributors, of Inventory Receipts and sales.
Could those of you supporting this approach comment on :
1. the conduit used to receive the receipts and sales data - email
attachments, direct data entry over a VPN by the distributor, FTP of files
via a VPN, EDI transactions, etc..
2. What incentive you provide the distributor for the reporting in a timely
and accurate manner.
3. How, and how often, does your firm verify the accuracy of the data from
the distributors.

Roy Luce

Main:   847-540-9635
Cell:   847-910-0884