Hi Clare,

What release of BPCS? There was a BMR that changed this behavior
starting on 6004 and 6100 (it would be in base of V8 releases) about 5
years back now. It changed CEA to use the workstation data area to
control CEA500B job submissions but then it was corrected to allow a
choice - so any recent explosions should have the fixed copy of the
program.

If memory serves, the fix allowed the user to decide to use either
workstation data area settings (*WRKSTN in the 'Job Description' field)
or the QCPRJOBD to control the place that CEA500B was submitted. This
switch was set up in OEAMNU. I can't remember the details off the top of
my head, but a README explained the set up to use one or the other. Did
they recently apply any CEA BMRs? MR 54785 provides the ability to
switch.

The job queue listed in OEAMNU is as far as I know, ignored.

Thanks
Genyphyr Novak
Senior System Software Engineer
SSA Global R&D

   1. CEA500B - Help! (Clare Holtham)

message: 1
date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 07:58:50 +0100
from: "Clare Holtham" <Clare.Holtham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: [BPCS-L] CEA500B - Help!

Hello all,

Has anyone come across this?? I have a client where CEA500B is going to
Qbatch. But all of the copies of the QCPRJOBD are pointing to the
CEAPOST
jobq, and the ZQG file has been changed in OEAMNU and also points to
CEAPOST. This means that the CEA500 jobs are getting stuck on
single-threaded Qbatch behind long running jobs unless someone manually
changes them to another Q.
I can't see where this has been changed - any ideas anyone?????

Thanks in advance,

Clare