Please note that the KFP file that I mentioned below is the planned order
file, not the requirements file. Sorry for the confusion.

Frederick C Davy <fcdavy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: bpcs-l-bounces+amkavoulakis=sealinfo.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
08/11/2005 07:51 AM
Please respond to
"SSA's BPCS ERP System" <bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

"SSA's BPCS ERP System" <bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: [BPCS-L] MRP-MPS query

You are correct with your logic for MPS/MRP. MPS Generation (MRP500)
creates requirements (KFP) for the Forecasted requirement and/or your
customer orders (depending on how you set the Demand code in
MRP140/INV100), and passes the requirement down to the first level in the
bill-of-material. MRP Generation (MRP600) then "explodes" the lower level
items to reflect the B/M requirements. Remember that in an assemble to
order or build to order scenario you may have to use a planning B/M to
represent the features/options and standard parts that represent a
cross-section of the product for inventory planning. In those cases you
create a B/M for an item type 5 item and use BOM600 to create the B/M
instead of BOM500. Your Forecast is created for the item type 5 item and
it will generate pegged requirements just as any other item.

In version 6.04 I ran into a situation where MPS/MRP seemed to get
"confused" and did not plan any requirements even though all the
supporting records were set up correctly. When I called the "Help Line"
they told me to clear the KMR and KFP files, rebuild the Forecast, and
re-plan. This worked, but if you have a lot of Forecasted items it can be
a bit of a "pain in the neck". Good Luck. I have always had very good luck

with BPCS MPS/MRP/Finite Scheduling. It works.

"p d" <prd2005@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: bpcs-l-bounces+amkavoulakis=sealinfo.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
08/10/2005 12:37 AM
Please respond to
"SSA's BPCS ERP System" <bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[BPCS-L] MRP-MPS query

Hi,

Would like to have your feedback on following (my understanding of MPS-MRP

processes in BPCS):

Forecast (in case of make-to-stock) or Customer Order (in case of
make-to-order or assemble-to-order scenario) creates Demand or Requirement

for FG (Finished Goods) MPS item i.e. KMR record for FG MPS item.

Upon running MPS (MRP500-Master Schedule), this Demand or Requirement
(KMR) drives & creates Planned Order (KFP record) for this FG MPS item
which further drive & creates Demand or Requirement (KMR) for next (Child)

MPS item which in-turn creates Planned Order (KFP) for that MPS item. This

continues till the end of BOM structure.

Upon running MRP (MRP600-Explode Requirements) which takes MPS item
Planned Order (KFP) as Input & generates Demand or Requirement for next
(Child) non-MPS item which in-turn creates Planned Order (KFP) for the
same non-MPS item. This continues till end of explosion of all MPS items.

Pl. correct me wherever I am wrong.

Regards,
Prashanth