     From: "p d" <prd2005@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     Sen= t by: bpcs-l-bounces+joe.walsh=ibsus.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
     Date: 08/10/2005= 12:37AM
     Subject: [BPCS-L] MRP-MPS query

     Hi,

     Would like to have your fe= edback on following (my understanding of
     MPS-MRP processes in BPCS):
     <BR= >Forecast (in case of make-to-stock) or Customer Order (in case of
     make-to-= order or assemble-to-order scenario) creates Demand or
     Requirement for FG (= Finished Goods) MPS item i.e. KMR record for FG
     MPS item.

     Upon runni= ng MPS (MRP500-Master Schedule), this Demand or Requirement
     (KMR) drives &a= mp; creates Planned Order (KFP record) for this FG MPS
     item which further d= rive & creates Demand or Requirement (KMR) for
     next (Child) MPS item wh= ich in-turn creates Planned Order (KFP) for
     that MPS item. This continues t= ill the end of BOM structure.

     Upon running MRP (MRP600-Explode Requi= rements) which takes MPS item
     Planned Order (KFP) as Input & generates = Demand or Requirement for
     next (Child) non-MPS item which in-turn creates P= lanned Order (KFP)
     for the same non-MPS item. This continues till end of ex= plosion of all
     MPS items.

     Pl. correct me wherever I am wrong.
     <BR= >Regards,
     Prashanth