I visited and JOINED as Al Mac.

I added to the BPCS page with a mention of BPCS_L.
I wanted to add a NEW page for BPCS_L with category DiscussionGroup then link it to the BPCS page.

I figured I would add a little at a time so I can be corrected if what I doing is not what is wanted.

Question: Where are instructions
* how to add categories ... e.g. DiscussionGroups
* how to insert NEW pages ... e.g. BPCS_L
* how to link pages
I was considering adding a NEW page for STAR BASE
*BASE user group in Evansville, which I guess would need asterisk for letter of alphabet on the UserGroups category page

There are some trivial mismatches you or I might want to consider rephrasing.

The MAIN PAGE says all categories can be found in Special:Categories
That's easily confused with Special Pages

When we put something on our WATCH list we are told we can take it off again with "Stop Watch"
That's UNWATCH

Go to some category, such as UserGroups
from there link to one of the Groups
Notice that several say "No pages link to here."
when in fact the category links to there.

Perhaps I am misconstruing what "link" means.

Is there some place to see which Users have stuff on their Talk pages ... I see me David George Ken Paul PbHall ...it might be nice if there was something on the User List to indicate which folks have a Talk page, or to add another category just for that ... Oh the user list if RED there is no page yet ... if BLUE that is link to what they have done.

When this is no longer beta, and has more content, we might want to cross link stuff with places like (and also do some updates there)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AS/400
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OS/400
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AS/400_Command_Language
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISeries
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISeries_Architecture

Folks:

As a bit of an experiment, I've setup a wiki for iSeries users.

While it doesn't have a lot of content yet, I'm opening it up to public
beta test.

The URL is http://wiki.midrange.com.

If you are unfamiliar with the Wiki concept, check out
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiki.

david

--

-