Does anybody know if there are issues of upgrading to V5R3 at BPCS version
4.x?  Both our company and our parent company are planning on upgrading our
production boxes to V5R3 in the next couple of months.  We are both on BPCS
4.0.2 but our OS is at V5R1 and their's is at V5R2.  No hardware changes,
just the OS upgrade.  I think that they have OGS however we do not.  Any
gotchas, license key issues, horror stories, etc.?  Thanks.

Dave Parnin
Nishikawa Standard Company
Topeka, IN  46571
daparnin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

                      rfolsom@xxxxxxxx

                      Sent by:                                        To:
"SSA's BPCS ERP System" <bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                      bpcs-l-bounces+daparnin=niscoseals.com@m        cc:
bpcs-l-bounces+rfolsom=yupo.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
                      idrange.com                                     Subject:
Re: [BPCS-L] Re: V5R3 upgrade

                      04/27/2005 08:10 AM

                      Please respond to "SSA's BPCS ERP

                      System"

There's an old adage:  do something good for someone and they'll tell one
person about it; do something bad to them and they'll tell ten.  Here's my
V5R3 upgrade story.  First of all, don't do it if you aren't on OGS.  We
dropped OGS when it came due last November since we were stable on 6.1.01,
I hadn't done more than look at the site once or twice a year since 2002
and the cost was exorbitant for what we got.  I upgraded our machine to
from V5R1 to V5R3 over the weekend.  Did not see Genypher Novak's note
until afterwards, so I guess it's my fault, but that doesn't change my
feelings towards SSAGT.  IBM's APAR list says you need BPCS MR67665 to
handle how an API in the ALAUNCH daemon talks to V5R3.  After the upgrade,
CEA and OLM wouldn't work because the ALAUNCH program seems to shut down as
soon as it calls itself for the next user.  Anyway, I contacted our sales
rep and account manager to see if we could purchase this one BMR to fix the
problem.  We would have paid almost any reasonable price, but the only
offer was to sign up for OGS for a year, backdated to when we let it
expire.  To me, flaunting the fact that they have you by the balls is
neither good public relations nor good business sense.  When the time comes
to modernize our system, SSAGT probably will not be on the list of vendors
I look at.
Rick Folsom, IT Administrator
Yupo Corporation America
757-819-9230

|---------+-------------------------------------------->
|         |           CIancu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx            |
|         |           Sent by:                         |
|         |           bpcs-l-bounces+rfolsom=yupo.com@m|
|         |           idrange.com                      |
|         |                                            |
|         |                                            |
|         |           02/17/2005 03:13 PM              |
|         |           Please respond to "SSA's BPCS ERP|
|         |           System"                          |
|---------+-------------------------------------------->

>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

  |       To:       "SSA's BPCS ERP System" <bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  |
  |       cc:
  |
  |       Subject:  [BPCS-L] Re: V5R3 upgrade

We are running BPCS 6.1.01 mixed mode and we want to upgrade to V5R3 in
order to latter on upgrade our machine to i5 series. Anybody aware of
potential problems ?

Cornel Iancu
Programming Manager
tel: 732-764-9300 ext 2247