Hello,

Please note that in current releases of BPCS (example: V8.2) many more
programs have enabled to use the SYS603 style of security in the base
release. INV100 is one of the programs which has been changed to use
Group Security for functions/actions.

Thanks,

Genyphyr Novak
Senior System Software Engineer
SSA Global R&D

message: 2
date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 09:52:48 -0800
from: Doug_McLauchlan@xxxxxxxxxx
subject: Re: [BPCS-L] BPCS - Program Security

In version 6.1 SSA made a half hearted attempt to allow limiting access
based on the Users Group ID assigned in SYS600.

If you bring up SYS603D, then use option 11=Options against a particular

group you will see a list of programs with the Create/Update/Delete etc.

options under them. The access of the group to each option can be
controlled by setting the authority to 1 or 0.

Once set any member of that group will only see the options they have
access to, and other options will not work in that program.

The BIG drawback is - only a selected few programs in BPCS have this
feature enabled.

If you have access to the AS/SET source, and the programming skills to
attempt it, you can modify other programs to use this feature by
replacing
the call to SYS006B & SYS007B with calls to SYS006B2 and SYS007B2 using
additional parameters. (Use a program that is currently enabled as an
example).

You will then need to use a data entry utility to add records to the ZOP

table for your updated program. look at existing entries for the format
and data needed - it includes the message ID from SSAZ03 for each
action/function. Be aware that the option number in ZOP should be from 1
-
99 for an action and 101 to 124 for a Function Key.

Doug McLauchlan
BPCS Support
Planar Systems, Inc.
Office: (503) 748-5988
Cell: (503) 706-7525

"Daniel Wilkins" <dwilkins@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: bpcs-l-bounces+doug_mclauchlan=planar.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
04/01/2005 08:56 AM
Please respond to
"SSA's BPCS ERP System" <bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

<bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[BPCS-L] BPCS - Program Security

I am new to BPCS and I'm not sure how the package works. I know that my
company doesn't have source for most of the package or probably all. I
have noticed that most of the inquiry screens uses, 5 to display, 2 to
revise, etc...

My question is without the source is there a way to limit users to
display only and not allow them to revise records. The program I would
like to secure is the Item master (INV100).

Thanks for any responses.

Daniel