It has been a while since we did this.

1. Conversions between ERP have an army of consultants that are knowledgeable in how it can be done efficiently, and how it can be done with a lot of your company money flowing to them. There is also education and documentation as to what the function is of the various BPCS fields in these files ... which are optional, and which content is critical to be a certain way. The files have to be setup in a particular sequence.

2. SSA_GT supplies some conversion tools to get data into BPCS in the first place from other ERP or from earlier versions of BPCS. This is not part of BPCS per se, but with the installation packaging.

3. We used several inexpensive (under $ 2 k) conversion tools such as FILE TRACK

Basically our old ERP had 90% of the data that needed to be copied to BPCS but it was not a case of one file one file, and many fields were of other dimensions. Some fields needed to be populated in BPCS a certain way.

So with FILE TRACK we had a case tool to look at the layout of the BPCS files, and link them to which files on our old ERP were to be used to populate which BPCS files, and on a field by field basis where the data was to come from for each and every BPCS field ... this generated an RPG conversion program, tailored to our needs for each target file, which we could then modify to handle exceptions, of which there were darn few that could not be handled by the base conversion software.
-
Al Macintyre http://www.ryze.com/go/Al9Mac
Find BPCS Documentation Suppliers http://radio.weblogs.com/0107846/stories/2002/11/08/bpcsDocSources.html
BPCS/400 Computer Janitor

Hi Everyone;

Due to the migration from our ERP To BPCS version 6.04
We want to transfer data from Excel Spreadsheet into the BPCS Database.
The Master Files are:
·       Item Master.
·       Customer Master.
·       Vender Master.

Any suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Taher Mallah System Analyst e-Business Architect 514-822-7035 / 514-822-7041 514-822-7994 taher.mallah@xxxxxxxxxxxxx