Another thought

If you are like us
(a) there are "B" transactions for shipments in which there is no corresponding SIL detail line because either it is a resupply order or it is a repair outside of BPCS ... for example "shipping made this mistake ... we did not REALLY ship this stuff to that customer ... please VOID the transaction before it gets billed"
(b) there are SIL transactions for billing shipments in which there is no corresponding "B" transaction ... for example the shipping printer was malfunctioning and they in a rush to get product out door, so they used a handwritten paperwork outside of BPCS ... be careful matching this since BIL600 creates a dummy customer "order" unrelated to the order on which the shipment "really" belonged.

Well IBM documents 3 ways that you can do MATCH and NO MATCH with query/400, and I figured out some other ways.

Anyhow with link type 3 you can list all records in primary file that have no match in secondary file ... so find something to link on such as date of transaction and customer order # and item # that got shipped, then you can get a list of "B" transactions that had no corresponding invoice, and invoices that had no corresponding "B" transaction (2 lists).

Also if you are like us and using auditors a bit smarter than I speculated in my last e-mail, there might be value in identifying "B" transactions whose data not agree with the subsequent invoices, because in our case we make a LOT of corrections between BPCS steps.

We are also 405 CD ... we send out resupply orders the same way we ship customer orders, and this creates a "B" transaction in the ITH inventory history file. You might take a look at whether there is info there that can help you ... for us, this happens BEFORE the Billing, when the invoice # would not yet exist, but it might be a way for you to get a report of resupply activity to supplement the invoice history requested by the auditors.