From: bpcs-l-bounces+dsweeney=phoenixbcinc.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:bpcs-l-bounces+dsweeney=phoenixbcinc.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Roger.Henady@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, March 04, 2005 9:53 AM
To: SSA's BPCS ERP System
Subject: RE: [BPCS-L] Question on allocations and default warehouse

There is a default location in IIM and one in IWI.     If there is a
location in IWI then that seems to be the only place an allocation is
allowed from.     The problem with IIM how to give a default for more
than
one WH.

Do most use the lowest location allocates first?  or do allocate from
the
default location in IWI?

Roger Henady
Thorco Industries
(417) 682-1340

"Yan Shargorodsky" <yshargorodsky@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: bpcs-l-bounces+roger.henady=thorco.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
03/03/2005 07:52 PM
Please respond to
"SSA's BPCS ERP System" <bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

"'SSA's BPCS ERP System'" <bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
RE: [BPCS-L] Question on allocations and default warehouse

Jim,
"0" - Forced Location
"1" - Default Location
"2" - Standard
If you use maintenance, these are the values. It probably treats *BLANK
as
ZERO, assuming you have test database, change all locations, which have
ILI
record for an Item to "2" and see what happens.

The following is help text from the field:

The location associated with a given Item/Warehouse will be considered
during Order Warehouse Processing and the Forced Location Search.
This option has no effect on a location defined within a managed
warehouse.
Choose one of the following Usage Codes:

Standard                 The standard alphanumeric or zone/pick sequence

is used.
Default          No other location is considered within the current
warehouse. The
search continues in other warehouses.
Forced           No other location is considered in the current
warehouse.
No other
warehouse is considered. The search stops.
Note:  At the Item level, entered through the JIT product, the usage
codes
have different meanings. Valid values are: 0 = Forced Location. 1 =
Location. 2 = First Location.

If you are defining locations for a managed warehouse with the shop
order
reservations flag in Warehouse Master Maintenance set to 1 (Yes), enter
0
(Forced Location) or 2 (Standard Location). Reservations processing
locates
stock at the warehouse level: therefore, no shop order reservations
occur
for default or forced locations.

Yan Shargorodsky
Y&Y Solutions Inc.