Lisa,

It is NOT true that the SSA profile needs *Allobj. *User is just fine and I
know many many companies who run this way. The only reason a consultant
would tell you it needs *Allobj is when they want to use it (being lazy) for
installs and other programming stuff. Having this level of authority on the
SSA profile is a serious SECURITY EXPOSURE and you need to change it.

Unfortunately before you can change it you need to run through all of your
BPCS objects, both files and programs and workstation data areas etc, to
make sure they are owned only by the SSA profile. Sometimes when you have
too much authority on the system you end up with BPCS objects being owned by
QSECOFR, or by individuals, and then when you change back to no authority,
things fall over because users don't have authority to these objects. This
can happen especially when a BPCS user or an operator has SSA as group
profile but Owner as *Usrprf (it should be *Grpprf). The reason for having
the Group Profile own things is so that when that individual leaves you
don't have to go through and change the authority on all his objects.

So, to summarise, you need to check the ownership of all objects in all BPCS
libraries (all the libs that are in a user's library list), you can do this
with WRKLIBPDM and F21, then work with the lib (12) and again F21. This
prints the list of ownership.
Then change the ownership of any objects not owned by SSA. There is a really
good tool in the TAATOOLs for doing this (CHGLIBOWN) which will fix a whole
library - these are available from
here:
http://www.taatool.com/
Then when you are happy that everything is correct, change the SSA profile
to have only *User.
Some people needed Spool Control too, depending on how you have set this up.
Job Control may have been needed to run the X-Ref, but that is not an issue
at V6.

Of course this DOES NOT solve the problem of the users having all access to
all the BPCS files. To fix this you need help from someone like Unbeaten
Path (Batten down the Hatches product.)

Hope this helps,

Clare

Clare Holtham
Director, Small Blue Ltd - Archiving for BPCS
Web: www.smallblue.co.uk
IBM Certified iSeries Systems Professional
Email: Clare.Holtham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx