The post http://archive.midrange.com/bpcs-l/200010/msg00029.html that you referring to is about EDUCATION into a subject that people PAY MONEY to learn and you appear to be asking if anyone who got the education is willing to send you a copy of the course materials for free. Dream on.

If you look further in the archives, there are people who have exchanged various other resources with respect to BPCS fields, but since this is all proprietory SSA information, apparently some people have crossed a line and got into legal trouble with SSA for doing so.

The kind of education described continues to be offered by many institutions in the business of providing training in BPCS. Most of the places that provide BPCS education, also sell the course materials for a reduced price ... in other words you can attend a class costing $ 500.00 and spend that much again in hotel and travel expenses, or for half that much buy copy of the course materials from the outfit that does the education. Those of us who appreciate the education that we got, want to support these places, not undercut them, by selling or giving away pirate copies of their hand outs.

If your company has a legal copy of BPCS and staff who know programming on your box, you can look at the structure, starting with SSALOG00 in BPCSDOC. This is not as good as formal education or a BPCS manual, so figure that you will need to spend 10 times as long studying BPCSDOC as you would in a formal BPCS class to get 1/10 the education, but for some people, that is good enough.

For example, if you try to compile an RPG program that accesses any of the BPCS files, it gives you a list of the fields involved, or if you go in via RUNQRY *N and name of BPCS file, you get to see list of fields in that file and how they are populated.

There's manuals from 3rd parties that detail what's going on in the files, what the fields are for, how they interlink, what their purpose is. Generally they cost $ 250.00 to $ 350.00 each and you probably need to get more than one to fully appreciate the topic.
:
hi
this is regarding the post made by Ian Bunn on Wednesday, October 04, 2000
to the BPCS-L ... since i am new to the list i and i wanted to know about
the databse structure of BPCS , can anyone tell me how i can get it or if
someone has got it from ian can anyone mail it to me ....

thanks

-
Al Macintyre http://www.ryze.com/go/Al9Mac
Find BPCS Documentation Suppliers http://radio.weblogs.com/0107846/stories/2002/11/08/bpcsDocSources.html