#1 and #3 are both subjects about which large books have been written.

#1 - There is probably an order of magnitude of complexity between
BPCS and SAP.  BPCS has a couple of thousand tables, SAP has 20 times
that. SAP has done a reasonable job of making the system database
independant.

#2 - I will leave this to others.

#3 - SAP has a "standard" methodology, which is phenomenally complex
and tweaked by every implementation partner.  SAP also has a number of
preconfigured solutions which are mostly configured for particular
industries.  They talk about 6 and 9 month implementation cycles.

SAP has a very comprehensive web site -- I strongly suggest that you
spend a whole lot of time there.

--
Tom Jedrzejewicz
tomjedrz@xxxxxxxxx