Hi,

We used the "keyed import" function of WorldShip to bring down BPCS
information. Rather than maintain 2 address books (BPS & Worldship) we
brought all the shipping data down from the order.

At pick print time we identified the carrier from the ship-via field in the
order header, and wrote the shipping record to a bolt-on file. The interface
to World-Ship is fairly robust, and relatively easy to map.

When the shipping folks processed the order, they keyed in the picker number
and Worldship retrieved the AS/400 data through the odbc. When they finished
with the shipment, Worldship wrote a confirmation record back up to the 400.
We gave the sales folks an inquiry that showed them the tracking number. I
suppose one could put a cross reference to write a report & then e-mail
through the AS/400. (we use keyes-mail).

There are some efficiency considerations in the way you set up the library
fro your interface file. When opening, Keyed import examines every table in
the collection. If the collection is your BPCS user files library, it can
take a while to open. We added a specific library and got good response
time.

Feel free to contact offline for more details.

Wally

Wally M. Carr
Business Systems Analyst
The Bergquist Company