Hello Chick,
On the Supply screen of INV100 you can set the "Shop Order Generate" flag. This
will auto gen a shop order from the order entry function. It links the two
orders (customer & shop) togather and alerts you of the link when changes are
make to either order. Some restrictions apply if these are configurator
generated items.

Manual alternative is to fill in the "Customer Order" field on the shop order
maint screen. This is for info only but can be used for custom query.

Contact offline for more details.
Regards
Larry Costain