We BPCS 405 CD mixed mode on AS/400

We sometimes create a separate customer order for the samples, in which in the PO# field we include the word SAMPLE ... this field can also have RMA or other code words there to tip off people (me) in pre-billing that price zero is perfectly valid ... we basically "bill the customer" for quantity whatever at price zero, because we have reports off of billing to share with customer to let them know what is in transit to them.

You see, there are a fair volume of errors in our process ... if I see a shipment for which the price is missing, and it does not clearly say that it is a SAMPLE or other good reason for price to be missing, I will assume that it is missing in error, and fix that before I do the billing.

While the standard rule is for the customer to approve the samples before placing the order, we sometimes have customers slow to do the approval, then fast after that to want the product in quantity, so we also put a projected quantity in our FORECAST to help MRP plan the raw materials that will probably be needed.

I sometimes think we ought to have an ISO-like standard procedure to handle billing corrections, shipping corrections, etc. because different co-workers seem to have different ways of accomplishing the same stuff.
-
Al Macintyre http://www.ryze.com/go/Al9Mac

 you wrote:

Hello All,
we are using BPCS V8, mixed mode on As400.

The scenario is,

We need to send our finished goods item as a sample
(for testing) purpose to customer. If such samples are
approved, then regular customer orders are entered.

Using the same finished good item code (F1), how can
can ship it to customer as a sample, so that it
wouldnot be charged to customer.

How BPCS handles this scenario....
Any advise/expert opionion,,.....
regards