Hi

Here is how v6 works. To keep the financial ledger completely separate, you
need a new company. Let's make clear the difference between a company and a
facility. Companies in BPCS make financial data separate, while facilities
make mrp planning separate.

Both are different. So much different, that a warehouse can belong to a
company, say company A, while at the same time belonging to a different
facility, say facility 2. You can group the mrp planning of a warehouse in a
facility, while posting it's financial transactions in a different ledger
(different company).

That being said, the item master is global, therefore is it shared by all
companies and facilities. Local item planning parameters variations are
declared in the facility planning data file, by item and facility. The BOM's
are global, (blank facility), or they can also be facility specific. The
customer master and the vendor master are both company specific. This means
if a customer or vendor does business with more than one of your BPCS
companies, you will have to copy or create records for each company. The
shortfall is same customer or vendor will have as many master records as the
number of companies. You may use the logical parent customer functinality to
amalgamate sales statistics of underlying child customer residing in
different companies.

You might not need to have more than one facility, all depends on the
geographical layout of your plants. If everything is in the same site, you
may combine all mrp planning under same facility, while still having
numerous companies for distinct ledger reporting. The opposite is also true.

Again, this is v6. I think the company and facility functinalities are the
same in v4.

> Daniel Warthold
Business Analyst