We are also 405 CD.

Is it essential that you do this via a new BPCS company.
Won't BPCS facilities do the job for you?

We have factories in more than one city, and we also have some specialized divisions.
Thanks to the use of facilities, there is one set of master data like Item Master, customers, vendors, accounting data controls
While we have inventory and orders processing by facility, with separate engineering versions (BOM & Routings) with costs of each, and also the A/R and A/P have data by facility.

We have items that get made in one facility, then moved to another, based on mix of work load, and deals with customers to do things differently for them to save them money. This means that business needs to be moved pretty rapidly from one facility to another. BPCS comes with software to do this manually, but we had some software developed by our tech support people to help expedite the moves.

Basically, I have a work file that I added some time ago for another set of purposes.
ECIF file ... a master index of end customer item made in what facility with some data related to that combination ... this is updated from current orders and shipping history.
Using DFU I can then add item #s for some customer that needs to be done in another facility, and add a logical to get at all those item#s for customer #s of current interest, then there is software to copy current records across facilities based on that logical's connections

General Ledger shares same chart of accounts, in which we have a different profit center prefix for each facility.

Hi Everyone, I'm new to the list (Used to be active many months ago) and
hopefully some of you are still running BPCS 405CD or at least remember
some things about it!

I'm looking for some general information and advice about starting a new
company in our BPCS405CD environment.

We want to share some of the file data, but keep the financial
statements completely seperate without having to recreate the GL Master
and Folios, etc...
Specifically, we'd want to share the following files at least:

Item Master
Customer Master
Vendor Master
BOM & ROUTER files (MBM & FRT)

The A/R and A/P will be "clear" when we start. We don't do payroll in
BPCS.

Any and all responses are welcome!

Thank You,

Paul