INTERESTING QUESTION!

i have not done this but i'd approach this using a series of query
programs. something like extract all parents and components out of the
MBM file, then count each parent / component relationship to see how
many times that relationship occurs, append this into each record, and
then go back and check all components for each parent to see how many
times it occurs with other parents. from this you should be able to
determine if a the same set of components exists for another parent.

again i have not done this, but this would be a real interesting series
of queries to develop on a quiet Saturday morning.

>>> daniel.warthold@xxxxxxxxx 12/08/04 12:28PM >>>

Hi everyone,

Is there an easy way, to check if there are duplicate BOM's, meaning
the
exact same components, quantities, no more no less, in the same
facility,
same method, but with 2 (or more) different parents? Does mot matter if
the
MBM.BSEQ, MBM.BBUBB, the effectivity dates, or any other fields,
including
the BOM notes (MPN) and ref des (MBZ) are different. Basically I'm
trying to
look for 2 or more manufactured items that are identical in regards to
the
list of their components, but have different item number. Like if the
engineers designed again an already existing item, but given it a
different
item number?

Thanks
Daniel Warthold P. ENG CPIM