We are BPCS 405 CD

When the shop orders are created, the BOM data (MBM file) gets copied to for what is needed with the shop order (FMA file) which you can look at via SFC300.
Are you familiar with this, and does the data look normal on the orders which had the missing transactions?

How do you report your production?
JIT600 INV500 or something else?

We report our labor via JIT600 in which we can have several different operations on an item.
The labor knows which operation gets the CI deducted because the operation number is in the BOM.
On occasion there is an error of omission by the engineering staff, sometimes when we have a new employee there who not know all the nuances.
If the BOM has a component, in which it has not been specified at which operation the component is to be consumed (backflushed) then when the JIT600 processes labor reporting for any given operation, and it looks up FMA and MBM to see what inventory is to be backflushed for that operation, no operation will find a match for the components where engineering neglected to specify that operation, because operation blank or zero is not a valid operation to report against.

If you report production via INV500 then this is not a problem, because BPCS consumes all the material needed to make the reported parts made, irrespective of whether the relevant operations are specified by the engineering or not.

, you wrote:

        We are on BPCS 8.0.

        We have a problem that we have not before experienced - when a
shop order report (labor ticket) is entered, backflush transactions are
limited to a single transaction - the first record in the shop order BOM
(FMA) that the program comes to, instead of backflushing all components
between that collectable operation and the previous collectable
operation.

        I realize that backflushing is complex in BPCS, so I am looking
for some ideas as to where to look for an error in data.

        We do not use hard allocation, we use the JIT override location
with location usage code of 1, for default.  And all locations are coded
location usage standard in the location master.

        Dick Bailey
        MCFA, Inc