Bill,

Thanks for the response.  I think that putting the data in the NGT and then
running CIM520 would just add an extra step with no value.

> The easiest thing to do would be to upload them to your workstation
member
> and then run everything from the menus.

That may be the way to go.  It would add an extra check before posting,
keep things flowing "the BPCS way", and be one less custom program for me
to write.  :)  Will it clear the workstation member after it posts?  Also,
if there is an error I assume that the NIN INEROR field gets set to "Y".
Can I also assume that you can correct the errors by running CIM600 and
then re-running CIM610 and CIM620?

Dave Parnin
Nishikawa Standard Company
Topeka, IN  46571
daparnin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

                      Bill

                      <billzbubb@hotpop        To:
bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx@SMTP@CTB
                      .com>                    cc:       (bcc: David A
Parnin/Topeka/NISCO/SPCO)
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  Re: CIMPath Posting

                      bpcs-l-bounces@mi

                      drange.com

                      08/18/2004 01:30

                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      "SSA's BPCS ERP

                      System"

                      <bpcs-l@midrange.

                      com>

daparnin-Bvq8cljf7uSWOa3LlD8i2NBPR1lH4CV8@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Ultimately, I want to have one batch
> program that calls the program to get the records, load the NIN file,
> and then call the BPCS program to do the post.
>
> 1)  Do I need to call CIM520 or CIM530?  Can I just run CIM620 to do
> the post?
> 2)  Do I load the records into my workstation member and then run the
> above option(s) from that session?

Cim530 is definitely not needed since it processes the labor transactions.
If the batch program mentioned above is a custom program, then Cim520 is
not needed; Cim520 takes data from the NGT file and parses to the NIN file.

You should always run Cim610 before Cim620 to  make sure that any data with
errors are not forced into the live data files.  Cim610 will audit the data
and mark any with errors so that Cim620 will bypass them.