BG

We are on BPCS 405 CD Mixed Mode so some of our stuff might not be applicable to your reality.

Here is a BPCS "gotcha."
A lot of stuff comes out of the box when you get BPCS without all the settings the company might need, so there is a process of setting up your business rules, so that they work right for you. Then a few years go by, and there are a different set of employees than those associated with the original setup, and the business needs have evolved, and you need to start using some transaction effect, or tailoring setting, or program, that the company had not previously needed to use, and it is neccessary to review the instructions for setting up aspects of BPCS for the first time, and where are those instructions??? How many people even know about this?
For example, we had a flow chart for the sequence to populate files, but I have no idea where that got to.

The rules for ITH are carried in file ITE whose contents can be reviewed via INV355 on INV menu SSAI01 ... select the first transaction effect and note the bottom of the screen where it has the rules for GL for this transaction. Glue your eyeballs to that part of the screen. Now do a rapid scroll through all the different transaction effects to see that many transactions get posted to GL and many do not. You might want to create your own report (we use query/400) charting which transaction effects are which way with respect to the kinds of activity that currently interests you, such as
* ITE.TEGLP = Post to GL?
* ITE.TPO = must use a valid PO#
* ITE.TASC = Affect Standard Cost
* ITE.TACST = Affect Actual Cost
* ITE.TAPC = Affect Purchase Order Cost

These rules are not cast in concrete ... you can change them, but first you need to review the instructions, and I suggest that if you going to change rules, you do it at the beginning of a fiscal month, so you have some hope of tracking the impact of the changes.

See if you can find the FILE = BPCSDOC
This is like a source code file in which there are many members, each being a BPCS "manual" poorly indexed and a pain to data mine / search.
Find member SSARUN03 = Inventory Management Run Instructions
Search for INV150 which is the program used to change the ITE file.
After an explanation of each field of ITE is collection of illustrations of settings out of the box.

The front door to this is menu DOC which is a subset of SYS security.
The back door to this is PDM or SEU.
Be careful if you use the back door to add additional documents - you need to use the front door to redo the index of all the documents.

You need to read the accompanying explanations.
What we get are SAMPLES in which during BPCS setup at your company, you supposed to populate them ... well we not using P or N so we not populated ours different than what came out of the box, and looks like you in the same boat.
You have to figure out WHERE you want P and N transactions to end up in your GL
then populate the rules for P and N transactions accordingly
including setting the flag so that they will go from ITH to GL via INV920

We receive inventory directly into stock.
We have contracts with most of our vendors in which if they send us any defective parts, they are in big trouble. It is the nature of our business that this is also true for us with most of our customers.
We have one outside vendor in which we need to inspect 100% of what comes from that vendor.
During production inspection points, if some parts are identified as quality suspicious, they go to location RA01 (Rejects Area) for QC to decide if they are repairable or have to be scrapped.
RMAs (customer returns) are also received there, until QC decides what to do about them.
Location RA01 is non-nettable non-allocatable etc. ... on-hand not available until QC releases it into general inventory.

We also have a query/400 that gives us a count of how many of which transaction effect got used each month ... this identifies odd ball stuff that perhaps not supposed to be happening.

-
Al Macintyre http://www.ryze.com/go/Al9Mac
Find BPCS Documentation Suppliers http://radio.weblogs.com/0107846/stories/2002/11/08/bpcsDocSources.html
BPCS/400 Computer Janitor at http://www.globalwiretechnologies.com/

Kusman Lim wrote:
Beegee;

You may check the subsystem event determination in the Inventory
Processing then find the P reason code. Does it by pass journal entry ?

Does the Period in CEA have open for all event ?

Does the Event has defined ?

Please check the Allow posting on Error.

Good luck.

Regards

Kusman Lim
PT Takeda Indonesia

-----Original Message----- From: Beegee Galang To: BPCS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: P (Receipt from Inspection to Stock) Transactoin not posting to GL

Hi All:

Environment: BPCS v6.1.02 (Full C/S) on AS/400

We are planning on using the N and P transaction for our receipt
inspection process.  The problem we are having is that the P transaction
does not get posted to the GL.  The reason for this is that the ITH
record created for P transaction has ITH.TSTAT defaulted to 'Y'.  So
when we run the Inventory Post to GL (INV920) Program, the P records are
bypassed because of this flag and as a result, they do not get posted to
the GL.

Has anyone run into this issue?  Any ideas on how to make this work?

BG

-